Some of the ways we approach great new customer service technology often create unnecessary rifts in the customer experience. What should you know before you upgrade?
New customer service technology wins and fails
What happens when we adopt great new customer service technology, but the front-line staff isn’t trained for it? We’ve all been in that situation where a customer service rep has to tell us, “Uh, this is new. Gimme a minute.”
Before you blame the employee, there are several reasons this can happen. Among them, these are the most prevalent:
- The staff is resistant to change
- The staff did not receive adequate training or instructions
- The new technology isn’t set up properly
Whatever the reason, unnecessary frustration and wasted time for customers is the real problem. How do the best companies get ahead of this?
If you’re rolling out new customer service technology for your organization, your next step can be critical to your customer experience. Listen in and learn from some of our best and worst examples.
Listen To This Episode!
- Customers That Stick® post, 6 Steps for Rolling Out New Technology to Frontline Staff
- 360Connext® post, 3 Ways to Add Magic to your Customer Service Training
- Episode 091: How to Find Time for Training
- Episode 149: Customer Service and Technology Investment
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.