Marcus Sheridan, author of They Ask You Answer, shares powerful, proven ways to build trust and increase sales through content.
About our guest
Called a “web marketing guru” by the New York Times, the Story of how Marcus Sheridan was able to save his swimming pool company, River Pools, from the economic crash of 2008 has been featured in multiple books, publications, and stories around the world—and is also the inspiration for his newest book, “They Ask, You Answer,” which was dubbed the #1 marketing book to read in 2017 by Mashable.
Today, Sheridan has become a highly sought after global speaker and consultant in the digital sales and marketing space, working with hundreds of business and brands alike to become the most trusted voice of their industry while navigating the ultra-fast rate of change occurring within consumers and buyers today.
Connect with Marcus
Marcus Sheridan, Sales Lion
You want to increase sales, but you don’t have unlimited funds for advertising… What can you do?
Believe it or not, this may put you at an advantage. Today’s guest, Marcus Sheridan, isn’t just a sales expert. He is a “Sales Lion!” And he’s here to tell you how content marketing can not only save your business, but push it towards exponential growth.
Maybe you don’t know the first thing about content marketing, or maybe your strategy isn’t getting the results you want. Don’t fret! Marcus started from scratch as a last effort to save his business after the market collapse of 2008, and he’s seen phenomenal growth ever since.
Today, we cover how to get started with content marketing, how to determine what customers need the most, and how to marry this up with long-standing sales techniques. This episode covers so much ground, so get ready to build trust like never before.
You’re going to have things to do after this episode, so sharpen your pencils and listen in!
- Marcus explains how the philosophy of “They Ask, You Answer” saved his business. [2:50]
- Why is trust so important in sales and marketing, and how can content build that trust? [7:15]
- If 70% of buying decisions are made before customers meet us, how can we get through the vetting process? [10:40]
- What is the “ostrich marketing strategy,” and why is it so effective? [15:00]
- How can we “disarm” customers, or get them to let their guard down and be receptive to communication? [16:40]
- Marcus shares best practices around sharing prices (or not) on company websites. [24:00]
Listen To This Episode!
Develop your customer experience mission
Do you know how to deliver the superior customer experience you visualize? We will help your team become a force for positive change, starting with a customer-centric mission. Jeannie Walters and the 360Connext team help companies across industries and around the globe develop unique and scalable customer-focused missions.
Want to compete with the other 89% of companies staying afloat by providing better experiences? You need a compass for making astounding changes in the customer experience, while breaking down the silos that are holding you back. We offer evaluations, workshops, and roadmaps to keep your wheels firmly planted on the road to a customer-centric future. Join us on our mission To Create Fewer Ruined Days for Customers™ today. Visit us at 360Connext.com.
- 360Connext® post, No Longer a Buzzword: Customers Redefine Transparency
- Episode 205: Colin Shaw, The Intuitive Customer
- Episode 104: Pat Helmers, Sales Babble Podcast
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.