Adam and Jeannie explore how corporate myths affect culture and customer experience, ways to identify them, and what you can do to set things straight.
Corporate myths create bad experiences for your customers.
It may sound silly, but organizations and the teams within have their own corporate myths and legends. We’re not talking about inside jokes like the goblin that lives inside the copy machine.
Employees accept corporate myths as truths and perpetuate them in ways that cause problems internally until they harm the customer experience.
All it takes is one misunderstood communication, one bad interaction, or one “seasoned” employee to uphold and spread an untruth that affects your culture and the experience you deliver.
It’s up to leaders in your organization to identify, debunk, and correct these myths before they become a cancer within your organization.
In this episode, Adam and Jeannie share some of the most common ways these myths get started, and some classic examples you’ll recognize. Listen and learn how myths around processes, internal engagement, and customer perception get started, and how to nip them in the bud.
Listen To This Episode!
Free Webinar On Demand
Jeannie is a Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) who has held highly engaging Customer Experience Mission workshops for larger audiences, and customized ones for clients with outstanding results. Sign up to start your own Customer Experience Mission for free!
- Make your mission statement meaningful, both to customers and employees
- Ensure customer-facing employeesnot only meet, but exceed expectations
- Turn ordinary processes not only into a conduit for your mission, but a catalyst for positive change
- Steps for creating a mission your team will be proud to get behind
Visit CXWebinar.com to sign up for free, and check out more free webinars!
- 360Connext® post and Slideshare, 10 Myths that Stifle the Truth about Customer Experience
- Episode 073: Hacking Your Workplace Culture
- Episode 168: Nate Brown, Service Center Engagement
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.