Adam and Jeannie interview Stacey Hanke, influence expert and author of Influence Redefined…Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be.
About our guest
Stacey Hanke is author of the book; Influence Redefined…Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be, Monday to Monday®. She is also co-author of the book; Yes You Can! Everything You Need From A To Z To Influence Others To Take Action.
She has trained and presented to thousands to rid business leaders of bad body language habits and to choose words wisely in the financial industry to the healthcare industry to government and everyone in between. The Stacey Hanke, Inc. client list is vast from Coca-Cola, FedEx, Kohl’s, United States Army, Navy and Air Force, Nationwide, Pfizer, GE, and General Mills. Her team works with Directors up to the C-Suite. She has inspired thousands as a featured guest on media outlets including; The New York Times, Forbes, Entrepreneur, SmartMoney magazine, and even the Lifetime Network! She is a Certified Speaking Professional—a valuable accreditation earned by less than 10% of speakers worldwide.
Is your influence as strong as you think?
The ability to influence others is critical to the success of any business or entrepreneur, and there’s a lot of content out there about becoming an influencer. However, many leaders don’t truly understand the chemistry that turns communication into true influence.
We often equate our titles, as well as proven success in our fields, with influence… but this is where we go wrong. And we often think social networking and technology can fill in the gaps, but unfortunately, depending on these things too much actually widens them!
Today’s guest, communications and influence expert Stacey Henke, says influence is not something you can turn on and off like the gadgets we now use to get our messages across! She’s worked with thousands of leaders to help them walk the talk of being true influencers.
In this episode, we discover not just what it takes to be an influencer today, but how to keep our one-on-one communication skills sharp while relying on tech more and more for communication. Stacey shares lots of great tips and inspiring stories to help you make your message stand out above the noise. Listen in!
- Stacey talks about her background in communications, and what changes she’s passionate about making for organizations. [3:25]
- How has influence changed in recent years, and what old practices still work? [5:55]
- Stacey shares great advice for balancing technology with face-to-face communication, and how that relates to generational gaps. [9:20]
- What cultural impact will the decline of face-to-face communication skills have on the future? [14:30]
- Do you take way too long to write emails? Well, you’re not alone! Stacey has tips for putting better messages together. [16:46]
- Stacey calls out some of the big lies leaders tell themselves about their own influence. [19:45]
- How can you tell when you’re communicating with someone who will never be receptive? [21:35]
- Stacey shares tips for accepting feedback that’s hard to hear, but necessary to consider. [22:50]
- How does weak communication hold back an otherwise strong business? [24:35]
Listen To This Episode!
Start creating a successful strategy
Are you ready to build a customer experience strategy on a solid foundation for the long term? We’re covering the top 5 CX strategy myths in our latest evergreen webinar.
You will learn:
- How to avoid the 5 so-called “Customer Experience Strategies” that aren’t strategies at all
- What drives a winning customer experience strategy, plus examples of companies that “get it”
- How to create a foundation for a customer experience strategy that not only works, but scales for the long term
Join Jeannie at a time that works for you for some serious mythbusting, plus a head start on creating a customer experience strategy that works!
- 360Connext® post, Which Comes First? Customer Experience or Sales?
- Customers That Stick® post, Interview: GetApp’s Top 25 Customer Service Apps
- Episode 237: Peter Friedman, Customer Service Messaging Apps
- Episode 246: Chase Clemons, Basecamp’s Customer Service Ethic
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.