Adam and Jeannie interview creativity and innovation expert Amy Climer, Ph.D. to discover how to foster creativity in your team.
About our guest
Dr. Amy Climer teaches teams to be creative and innovative. She is a speaker, trainer, and coach in creativity, innovation, and team development. Through her company Climer Consulting she teaches research-based practices, tools, and techniques teams can use to innovate on demand.
Amy has a Ph.D. in Leadership and Change from Antioch University and a Master’s degree in Outdoor Education from the University of New Hampshire. She is trained or certified in Creative Problem Solving, Immunity to Change, and the FourSight Thinking System. She developed the Deliberate Creative™ Teams Scale to help teams understand how to increase their creativity.
Amy is the host of The Deliberate Creative™, a podcast and blog designed to teach others how to facilitate innovation in teams. In 2016, she won the Karl Rhonke Creativity Award from the Association for Experiential Education. Learn more about Amy and her work at climerconsulting.com.
Connect with Amy
Creativity is not just for “creatives”
Creativity is a necessary trait not only for designers, but for all teams- from the c-suite on out to customer service. In fact, much of what we do in business requires creative thinking- from innovation to general problem-solving. But many of us don’t think of it this way!
When we’re not prepared for the creative process in these situations, we get bad ideas, push-back from some team members, and the silent treatment from others.
So, how can we put a process around creativity?
Today’s guest, Amy Climer Ph.D., is here to help us develop a solid creative process for our teams, regardless of what they do! You’ll learn about creative techniques, tools, and ways to foster creativity in many kinds of environments.
Amy outlines amazingly simple ways to create strong team dynamics, encourage honesty, build trust, and ultimately, create the best ideas possible. Wouldn’t you like to learn to manage conflict, give your team purpose, measure your success, and more? Then listen in!
- Amy has developed a “Deliberate Creative Team model. What are the three elements teams need to be innovative? [3:30]
- Amy explores a few unusual examples of creative thinking in high-stakes situations, then addresses ways to overcome conflict. [7:30]
- Having a diverse creative team is essential, but that comes with some challenges! [12:10]
- How can you measure your team’s creative power and more importantly, foster greater creativity in your culture? [14:00]
- What is the creative problem process, and how can you get started today? [19:00]
Listen To This Episode!
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- 360Connext® post, 5 Silent Issues that Destroy Customer-Focused Innovation
- Customers That Stick® post, Innovation Is No Longer Optional
- Episode 266: Chip Bell, Innovating Service
- Episode 114: Ron Tite, Branding and Creativity Expert
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.