Adam and Jeannie interview global customer experience professional Ian Golding to conquer the challenges of operationalizing customer experience.
About our guest
A highly influential freelance CX consultant, Ian Golding advises leading companies on CX strategy, measurement, improvement and employee advocacy techniques and solutions. Ian has worked globally across multiple industries including retail, financial services, logistics, manufacturing, telecoms and pharmaceuticals deploying CX tools and methodologies. An internationally renowned speaker and blogger on the subject of CX, Ian was also the first to become a CCXP (Certified Customer Experience Professional) Authorised Resource & Training Provider.
Connect with Ian
Turning CX wisdom into action with Ian Golding
Leaders all over the world are making the connection between customer experience and business success. While that’s a good thing, just talking the talk is not enough! If you read the right blogs and know the right people, all the wisdom and best practices are there for the taking. But few know how to put all that wisdom to work.
So what’s missing? How can leaders embed customer-centric thinking into business processes, ultimately turning that enthusiasm into action?
Today’s guest is a world-renowned customer experience professional, and he’s here to share some of his best ideas for operationalizing customer experience.
Drawing from his experience working with CX professionals all over the world, Ian gives us a snapshot of the global CX landscape. What are the common threads among successful leaders worldwide, and where do we need to improve the most?
Ian is a phenomenal customer experience professional with a unique perspective, and we’re lucky to have him join us today! Listen in to learn the hard truths about customer experience leadership, how we use data, why we execute poorly, and more.
- We must “operationalize” customer experience to make a real difference, but what does that mean and how can you get started? [3:30]
- What’s globally common about the approach to CX, and what’s different? [6:30]
- What are the most important attributes of customer experience professionals? [10:50]
- Ian comically says customer-centric leaders need 3 bones in their body, so what are they? [13:50]
- How is data used in CX for developing countries, and are they as obsessed with it as we are in the US? [15:45]
Listen To This Episode!
Start creating a successful strategy
Are you ready to build a customer experience strategy on a solid foundation – not just for today, but for the long term? Then you’re in luck, because we’re covering the top 5 CX strategy myths in our latest evergreen webinar.
You will learn:
- How to avoid the 5 so-called “Customer Experience Strategies” that aren’t strategies at all
- What drives a winning customer experience strategy, plus examples of companies that “get it”
- How to create a foundation for a customer experience strategy that not only works, but scales for the long term
Join Jeannie at a time that works for you for some serious mythbusting, plus a head start on creating a customer experience strategy that works!
- 360Connext® post, Which Comes First? Customer Experience or Sales?
- Customers That Stick® post, The Best CX Leaders ROCK at These 3 Things
- Episode 282: Stephen Shapiro, Innovating Customer Experience
- Episode 255: (Tip) Your Org Chart vs. Your Customers
- Ian’s post, Customer Experience 2017 Reality Check – Evolution or Revolution?
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.