Adam and Jeannie explore the Future of Work with Futurist, Keynote Speaker, & Best-Selling Author Jacob Morgan.
About our guest
Jacob Morgan is a three time best-selling author, keynote speaker and futurist who explores the future of work and employee experience. His latest book is The Employee Experience Advantage, which came out in March of this year. Jacob is the creator of The Future of Work University and The Future IF Community.
Connect with Jacob
What is the Future of Work?
The what, when, why and how behind work itself used to be dictated by business owners, but this is changing quickly! In fact, developments in technology, social media and generational values are creating new behaviors every day that will indeed affect the way we and our employees work in the future. Are you in control? More importantly, what should you still be in control of?
Tied directly to the customer experience, providing a frictionless and rewarding employee experience is now more important than ever. We’ve discovered that employees communicate differently than before – sometimes in ways we used to prohibit within the workplace.
So with all these new behaviors and more on the way, how should we perceive and prepare for the Future of Work, not just in our industries, but in our own workplaces? And how can we maintain a healthy level of control while letting employees work in the ways they feel most productive?
Futurist, Keynote Speaker, & Best-Selling Author Jacob Morgan is here to answer some of these questions for us, then help us find the best answers the rest of them for ourselves. Gleaning from insights and research from his latest book, we discuss the current state of work and how it has evolved, then take a fascinating trip into the future!
So why not jump into our time machine (aka press the play button!) and discover how to future-proof the work environment you create?
- Jacob discusses the Future of Work in most of what he does, so why is this topic so important? [3:30]
- Jacob talks about 5 work trends that influence the future, but there’s one we’re really intrigued by! [4:45]
- How are new behaviors affecting the way we look for jobs or hire new employees? [6:25]
- If employee experience slips, then so does customer experience. What are the cues leaders should look out for? [9:00]
- Open office floorplans have become popular, but what is the right environment for your organization? (This is kind of a trick question!) [14:00]
- We know there’s great value to employee empowerment, so how will we define empowerment in the future? [19:10]
Listen To This Episode!
Learn customer experience from a certified pro with Jeannie’s new LinkedIn Learning course!
- 360Connext® post, What’s Your Culture Code?
- Customers That Stick® post, Communication: The Most Important Skill in Customer Service
- Episode 160: Blake Morgan, More is More
- Episode 304: Arnie Malham, Innovating Culture
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.