Bestselling author and career futurist Marti Konstant joins us to discuss how an agile career can create a brighter future for you, your colleagues, and your organization.
About our guest
Marti Konstant is a workplace futurist, career growth analyst, author, speaker, and founder of the Agile Careerist Project™. Her career path includes: artist, designer, brand developer, entrepreneur, technology marketing executive, and investor. Marti delivers keynotes, workshops and training, where future of work and career agility are central themes.
Her book, Activate Your Agile Career: How Responding to Change Will Inspire Your Life’s Work, was listed as #1 New Release and Best Seller on Amazon. She earned a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Connect with Marti
Do you have an agile career?
With customer expectations changing constantly, agility is important in today’s marketplace. But how agile is your business, really, if your career is not? How ready are you to take the next step in your project, in your organization, or ultimately, in your career?
Marti Konstant created the Career Agility Model not only to help professionals keep one foot stepping towards tomorrow’s success, but to help them bring more value to their organizations. Having an agile career, as Marti explains, makes you more successful in projects, careers, and personal branding.
But it’s not about learning to do anything and everything at once. In fact, focusing on one great thing can be your ticket to leveraging your other strengths in the future.
So, as many of our listeners are interested in building their personal brands while being superstars in their own teams, we’re delighted to have this amazing discussion about how both you and your organization can benefit from career agility.
Agility is needed on all fronts to succeed in an ever-changing marketplace, and true career agility starts with the amazing insights and actions Marti reveals in this interview. To find out how to use the Career Agility Model, create an Idea Zone to stay on the ready, assemble and leverage your own Feedback Squad, and more, listen in!
- Most of us know what agility is in business, but what does it mean to have an agile career? [2:20]
- It seems career agility makes it easier to jump ship, so why is it beneficial to organizations and employers? [4:25]
- What is an “Idea Zone,” and more importantly, how can you create your own? [6:00]
- How can a feedback squad help optimize your personal branding? [9:12]
- If I haven’t found my “true north” yet, then how can I approach career agility? [12:07]
- How can you focus on being known for one great thing but still be agile and ready for what’s next? [14:35]
Listen To This Episode!
Learn customer experience from a certified pro with Jeannie’s new LinkedIn Learning course!
- 360Connext® post, How to Focus Learning Paths on Greater CX Success
- Customers That Stick® post, Keep Stepping to Succeed with Joy Marsden
- Episode 136: Jane Anderson, Customer Service for Personal Brands
- Episode 114: Ron Tite, Branding and Creativity Expert
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.