About Steve Woodruff
Steve Woodruff is known as the king of clarity in a world full of noise and distraction. Steve helps businesses craft a message so clear that they can be heard, remembered and referred. In over 30 years of business experience, he has consulted with companies ranging from solo startups to top five Pharma. His new book ‘Clarity Wins’ came out in 2018.
Connect with Steve
Clarity is more important than we think! It’s an interesting topic, because we don’t really talk about it. But it has everything to do with the success of our business and our customers, so why don’t we talk about it more? We talk with Steve Woodruff about really understanding who we are and what we deliver. And how to articulate that so others can articulate that for us.
“Learn to define and love your pigeon hole”-Steve Woodruff
Tweet this quote!
Steve comes at this topic through the lens of referrals. Before others can be clear and refer you, you have to be clear about yourself, your value, what you do and what you offer first.
Sometimes we need outside help of somebody else to sort our messaging out because “you can’t read the label of the jar you’re in.”-Steve Woodruff
Tweet this quote!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Steve feels so strongly about referrals, he wrote an entire book on the topic.
- How referring helps businesses overcome the noise problem in the marketplace.
- Why getting really clear on the strengths of your business is so important. What’s that unique strength you have that makes you better than potential competitors?
- The five questions every business must answer to not only get the customers, but help to serve them better.
Listen To This Episode
Give your team the customer service training they deserve
Want to bring game-changing customer service training to your team? CTS Service Solutions offers a half-day in-person workshop designed to motivate and educate your customer-facing team members. Using energy, excitement, and interaction, our workshop helps frontline teams embrace a customer-centric outlook. Then — using the principles from our book Be Your Customer’s Hero — gives them the skills and confidence they need to handle any service interaction. Don’t leave your frontline team hanging… Give them the training they deserve. Learn more at customerheroworkshop.com, that is customerheroworkshop.com.
- 360Connext® post, How to Create the Best Customer Experience Solutions
- Customers That Stick® post, Starting a Culture of Customer-Focused Innovation
- Episode 342: Ruben Ocampo, Service Design
- Episode 355: Lisa Ford, Customer Service Excellence
- We’re on C-Suite Radio! Check it out for more great podcasts!
Take care of yourself and take care of your customers.